50 Classic Ski Descents of North America
Fifty Classic Ski Descents of North America is a large-format showcase of the continent’s most iconic ski mountaineering descents, from Alaska to New Hampshire. Created by ski mountaineers Chris Davenport, Art Burrows, and Penn Newhard, is a stunning coffee-table book, but more than that, it is a treasure trove of ski mountaineering wisdom. It taps deep into local skier’s knowledge. Contributors include Jimmy Chin, Lou Dawson, Andrew McLean, Glen Plake, Lowell Skoog, Chic Scott, and Ptor Spricenieks. These experts give first-person descriptions of their favorite ski descents and insightful perspectives on ski mountaineering past, present, and future.
Whether you are planning an expedition to Baffin Island to ski the Polar Star Couloir or heading out for dawn patrol on Mount Superior in Utah’s Wasatch Range, or just wish you were going to one of those places, Fifty Classic Ski Descents is a visual feast of ski mountaineering in North America.
- 208 pages of gorgeous action and mountain images from some of North America’s top photographers
- 12×13 inches of hardbound goodness
- famous peaks including North Maroon Bell, the Grand Teton, Mt. Whitney, Mt. Shasta, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Hood, Mt. Robson, Mt. St. Elias, and Denali
- conversations with great ski alpinists
- the perfect gift for any serious skier
by Chris Davenport, Art Burrows, and Penn Newhard
2010 North American Classics Publishing
Please note that shipping costs are $5.99 and $12.99 for media and priority mail, respectively.