- More than 2000 full color photographs and 12 detailed maps with helpful locator photos and hotspots.
- 43 crags with 800 routes organized geographically into 10 areas.
- Complete weather and crag data allows you to get the most out of your time in Yangshuo.
- Travel information straight from the locals who live in Yangshuo.
- General information about 5 other regional climbing locations including Getu and LiMing.
- Chinese history and cultural introductions like folklore and ancestry as well as personal stories from many local climbers.
- Over 30 pages of text portraying the short yet vivid history of how rock climbing began and thrived in China, especially Yangshuo.
- Sort by Default Order
- Explore one of the best climbing areas in China with Yangshuo Rock Climbs! Newly available in the US, it is truly a beautiful guidebook that does great justice to this surreal landscape of karst towers. Yangshuo Rock includes
- Whitewater of the Southern Appalachians Vol 2 - The Mountains is the ultimate, comprehensive guide to Southeastern whitewater in the mountains region. It covers more than 230 whitewater streams in the mountains of Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and the Carolinas. (Volume 1 covers the Plateau.) Taken together, these books are the key to a lifetime of exploration and whitewater fun in North America's oldest mountain range. Stepping beyond the scope of the average guidebook, Whitewater of the Southern Appalachians doesn't have just inspiring photography and accurate information, but is also packed with tips such as methods for chasing rain, classic river stories from local paddling legends, in-depth coverage of the geologic history of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and much more. If you're looking for the ultimate resource for whitewater paddling in the Southern mountains, look no further. About author Kirk Eddlemon (excerpted from his website): I'm a native East-Tennessean who calls Knoxville home, where I live with my beautiful and unconditionally supportive wife Laura, and amazing son Alexander. I spend almost as much of my time walking, paddling, and even sometimes crawling through the wilder parts of the Southern Appalachians as I do in town. I've always been intrigued by the call of the wild, and even before I started kayaking, I spent much of my time picking out interesting places on topographic maps, and then putting a face to a name by seeking them out on foot with a compass and a little tenacity. This drive flourishes in a freedom-based pursuit like paddling, and it was only a matter of time before I realized that a little plastic boat could facilitate one of the most expressive, grounding, and spiritually rewarding ways of connecting with nature! Kirk is a registered whitewater guide and runs Ace Kayaking School in Knoxville, TN - visit him when you're in the region! 2014 Wolverine Publishing
- Whitewater of the Southern Appalachians Vol 1 - The Plateau Etching the great, rocky plateau-lands of the Southern Appalachians is a rich bounty of streams that not only brings life to the surrounding terrain but also serves as a dynamic conduit for gaining a deep appreciation of Southeastern US canyon country. This comprehensive guide to more than 150 southeastern whitewater streams is an inspiring invitation to explore the lifetime of potential river experiences that await you below the rim of the South's lush, hidden canyons. Stepping far beyond the scope of the average guidebook, this work consists of not only inspiring photography and valuable, accurate information, but is also packed with in-depth coverage of the geologic history of the plateau, advanced methods for chasing rain, classic river stories from local paddling legends, and much more. If you're looking for the ultimate resource for whitewater paddling on the plateau, look no further. For paddling destinations in the Mountain region, look to the Whitewater of the Southern Appalachian Vol 2 - The Mountains. About author Kirk Eddlemon (excerpted from his website): I'm a native East-Tennessean who calls Knoxville home, where I live with my beautiful and unconditionally supportive wife Laura, and amazing son Alexander. I spend almost as much of my time walking, paddling, and even sometimes crawling through the wilder parts of the Southern Appalachians as I do in town. I've always been intrigued by the call of the wild, and even before I started kayaking, I spent much of my time picking out interesting places on topographic maps, and then putting a face to a name by seeking them out on foot with a compass and a little tenacity. This drive flourishes in a freedom-based pursuit like paddling, and it was only a matter of time before I realized that a little plastic boat could facilitate one of the most expressive, grounding, and spiritually rewarding ways of connecting with nature! Kirk is a registered whitewater guide and runs Ace Kayaking School in Knoxville, TN - visit him when you're in the region! 2014 Wolverine Publishing
- The very best climbs in the High Sierra, according to iconic climber Peter Croft. He has hand picked and described in detail his favorite climbs in a region that boasts some of the cleanest granite that you'll find anywhere. The first edition covered 40 of the top climbs. This 2nd edition has even more. How could you go wrong with the Good, the Great, and the Awesome? Area covered:
- Whitney Region
- Bishop High Country
- Tuolumne Meadows
- The Incredible Hulk
- Roadside Cragging
About the bookEver heard of Texas Canyon? Nestled in the hills of Santa Clarita, this hidden gem is rapidly becoming a popular sport-climbing destination for Southern California climbers. The rock is coarse-grained conglomerate, with many distinct features and pockets of all sizes. With over 160 routes on low angle slabs to steep, overhanging walls and caves, there is something for everyone. Texas Canyon is conveniently located just north of Los Angeles, and has a quick, ten-minute approach. With a high desert climate, it's possible to climb year-round. Bring your mountain bike and camping gear, and make a weekend of it. With lots of colorful action photos, maps and overview photos, this book is easy to use and fun. Grab a copy and check it out!
About the authorsPam Neal is a native of Los Angeles. She discovered climbing while staying at Camp 4 in Yosemite. Pam loves finding and establishing good new sport routes with co-author Ben Chapman. It's inspiring to think of this mother of two and 4th grade teacher with a drill and crowbar in hand. Ben Chapman is a veteran climber, initially finding his footing on mountain expeditions. He found his love of establishing new trad lines in the Southern Sierra, where he would hand drill his bolt placements. Things are a little more tame now for this Southern California teacher, as he spends his weekends with a battery assisting his drilling efforts.
- Texas Canyon Climbing Guide 1st edition
- 2019 Louie Anderson
- by Pam Neal and Ben Chapman
- Color. 176 pages.
- The Grand Teton, in northern Wyoming, may be the most iconic peak in the Lower 48 states. Surrounding this impressive high point is the craggy Teton Range, with a dozen other spectacular summits that would be crown jewels anywhere else. Not surprisingly, climbers flock to the Tetons, and have since the earliest days of American mountaineering. And it's not just looks: the quality and climb-ability of the rock and elegance of the routes has kept the Tetons in vogue. Teton Rock Climbs by Aaron Gams takes you directly to the best climbs in the range, with enough choices to last most visitors a lifetime. This 2012 edition is a selected guide to the local's favorite classic and new routes in the Gran Teton National Park with over 300 color images and 85 detailed routes, from 3rd class mountaineering to 5.12+ test pieces. by Aaron Gams 2012 Ground Up Press
About the bookTen Sleep Canyon is home to some of the best sport climbing, anywhere. As if that's not enough, it's also in a beautiful mountain setting. Tensleep is located in a canyon within the Bighorn Mountains in north central Wyoming, and has over 1,000 routes. Conveniently, there is a road in the canyon, so most routes are within a 15 minute walk from your car. The rock is dolomite, which is a type of limestone that produces some great holds. Most of the routes in this book are protected with bolts, but there are even a few traditional lines. The book has everything you need. You can find your way around easily with abundant maps and cliff photos. Sun and shade info helps you have the best experience. Lots of action photos make for eye candy on rest days. There are even full spread route profiles featuring a few action photos on the same route. The introduction is loaded with helpful tips and information about climbing at Ten Sleep Canyon, such as local amenities, rock info, history, area hazards, and driving distances.
Author infoLouie Anderson has been climbing at Ten Sleep Canyon since 1998, and is passionate about investing his own time and resources developing new routes and areas in the area. He and his wife Valerie own and operate the Ten Sleep Rock Ranch, which is a great base for your climbing trip at Ten Sleep. Learn more and reserve your site in advance by visiting their website.
- Ten Sleep Canyon Climbing 1st edition
- 2019 Louie Anderson
- by Louie Anderson
- 464 full color pages
- All new updated and expanded 3rd edition to this popular guide to the region around urban LA! An amazing diversity of sport climbing options available including:
- Echo Cliffs
- Malibu Creek
- Boney Bluff
- Tick Rock
- Topanga Canyon
- Corpse Wall
- Bee Rock
- Southern California Rock Climbing is volume 2 of the California Road Trip series by Maximus Press. This selected guidebook covers Joshua Tree, Tahquitz and Suicide, Riverside Quarry, New Jack City, Mount Woodson, Malibu Creek, Stoney Point, Gibraltar Rocks — you name it. This select guide takes you to over 60 climbing areas from the middle of the Golden State to the Mexican border. SO MUCH CLIMBING! 2013 Maximus Press
- Snow and Spire showcases photographs taken from the cockpit of the author's home-built airplane. In 2002, John Scurlock embarked on a nine-year quest to fly to and photograph every corner of Washington State's North Cascade Range in winter. The images he captured provide a breathtaking vision of one of America's most magnificent mountain ranges in its most beautiful, dramatic, and savage season. This coffee table book is sure to be a focal point of interest in your living room. Color photos adorn almost every page, and the mountains almost appear life-like. Sections on history and geology provide interest, as well as interviews and essays about climbing in the Cascades. Photographs are organized geographically, and exact locations are provided, along with date, time, and camera detail. Whether you are a climber looking a view of that special angle on a ridge that you're interested in, or just want a beautiful tour of a jagged mountain range in winter, this book is sure to entertain. John Scurlock is an aerial photographer, specializing in mountain photography. His work has been commissioned by the USGS and universities for projects such as capturing changing snow cover and forest kill. An interesting interview appears in a 2008 Alpinist.com article. 2011 Wolverine Publishing Hardcover. Color. 192 pages. 978-098261547-8 Please note that shipping costs are $8.99 and $15.99 for media and priority mail, respectively.
- Rock Warrior's Way is the definitive mental training manual for climbers. Improve your performance and get more enjoyment from your climbing. Learn to focus attention, overcome fear, use effective strategies, and build powerful habits. Getting strong in the gym can help improve your climbing, but not as much as an effective mental game. A strong mind is the key to becoming powerful on the rock. About the author Arno Ilgner (from his website warrior'sway.com): In 1995, after a thorough search of the literature and practice of mental training and the great warrior traditions, Ilgner formalized his methods, founded the Desiderata Institute, and began teaching his program full time. Since then, he has helped hundreds of students sharpen their awareness, focus attention, and understand their athletic (and life) challenges within a coherent, learning-based philosophy of intelligent risk-taking. Ilgner considers the joy and satisfaction in the effort – the “journey” – intimately linked to successful attainment of goals, the “destination.” Alumni of his courses now include some of the nation’s most prominent climbers. Ilgner has run clinics across the USA and Australia. He has worked with young competition climbers and written national magazine articles based on his methods. He holds a BA in geology, spent several years operating his own geological consulting firm in the Wyoming oil fields, acted as Chief Financial Officer for an industrial tool distribution company, attended the Army Ranger School, and served a non-combat tour of duty in Korea. He currently resides with his family near Nashville, Tennessee. Find the companion to Rock Warrior's Way, Espresso Lessons, here. 2006 Desiderata Institute
- Roca Verde ships from the USA! This is the second and updated edition of the Roca Verde climbing guidebook to the Cordillera Cantabrica climbing region of Northwest Spain. It includes the regions of Asturias, Cantabria and Leon. Inside find the best sport climbing crags and routes in these regions. With over 50 crags, 239 sectors and nearly 3500 routes; an overview of the bouldering; links to videos and over 200 full colour action photos this is the definitive guide to the Roca Verde region. Select guide in both English and Spanish. Learn more about the region, this book, and its author in this 2017 Rock and Ice article by Bobbi Bensman. About Richie Patterson: Currently working as the Marketing Manager at Wild Country Richie has been climbing for 34 years and has enjoyed all kinds of climbing: bouldering, traditional routes and sports climbing as well as a bit of mountaineering and alpinism. He’s established new routes up to E8 / 8A+ in the UK, bouldered up to 8A and has climbed in France, Germany, Italy, Greece, and the USA. He’s been living in Asturias for eight years and is in the midst of bolting and trying a number of projects on the fantastic cliffs!! 2016 Richie Patterson 978-0992887421 512 pages. Color.